Requirements to Apply:
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- U.S. citizen
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Copy of Photo Identification
- Valid drivers license with good record; no more than 6pts in the last 5 years
- Applicants with an out of state drivers license must provide a copy of their driving record from the Secretary of State office that issued the license
- Michigan Firefighter Training Council Firefighter I & II Certification
- State of Michigan or Equivalent “Emergency Medical Technician—Basic License”
- Written exam through Conference of Western Wayne or EMPCO with a 70% or above.
- Valid nationally recognized CPAT test
- Copies of certificates must be submitted with the application packet
Applications are also available from the Human Resource Department, Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm. Contact the Human Resource Department at 734.544.4000 (ext 5) or [email protected].
Application packets can be mailed to: Charter Township of Ypsilanti HR Department, 7200 S. Huron River Dr., Ypsilanti, MI 48197, or fax to 734.484.5160.
All application packets must be received by no later than 4:00pm on Friday, December 15, 2023. Application packets will not be accepted outside the October 16, 2023 - December 15, 2023 time frame.
Seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated applicant to serve as the full-time Hydro Operator. Position would be responsible for operating the Powerhouse and Hydro Dam assuring they are operating within safe practices and guidelines in accordance with FERC licensing.
- Knowledge of electrical systems (above 240 volts), mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, plumbing systems
- Experience in repairing electrical systems (less than 240 volts), mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, plumbing systems.
- Experience of basic computer operations
- Be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Be able to climb stairs.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to work on knees for long periods of time.
- Work in elevated spaces using ladders and aerial equipment.
- Able to work in confined spaces.
- Able to respond to the site within 35 minutes for a station alarm.
- Experience in using hand and power tools.
- Experience in using lawn care equipment.
- Work on uneven terrain
- Work around/on water and operate a boat with 40HP motor and under
- Able to work in stressful conditions from time to time.
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to read and understand written documents/instructions.
- Be able to fill out paperwork with neat penmanship.
- Reliable and able to work odd hours.
- Motivated, and can work well without direct supervision.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to operate overhead bridge crane as needed.
- The following experience preferred: Heavy Equipment; State of Michigan Pesticide License #6-Right-of-way; knowledge of Power Plant operations, and Industrial process control.
Candidates will be asked to complete a skill/knowledge assessment.
Salary: $52,000 - $56,000 DOQ and experience
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Charter Township of Ypsilanti is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. As such, the Charter Township of Ypsilanti provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), national origin, disability, genetic information (GINA), height, weight, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by state and federal laws.
This policy of equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination applies to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, working conditions and training.
Submit employment applications in person to the Human Resource Department located on the second floor of the Tiden R. Stumbo Civic Center or online via the application link below. Applications remain on file for one year and are considered active for positions that become open. Employment opportunities are posted within the following publications and agencies: