"Ypsilanti Township Fire Department will protect our community with all resources available. We will provide excellence in fire prevention, education, and proactive customer service for our community."
In addition to handling fire and medical emergencies, the Fire Department has a variety of specialized activities. Some of the programs and services included are:
- Fire Prevention and Safety Education for schools, civic groups and senior citizens.
- CO2 Detector Kits
- Smoke Detectors
- The Fire Department will provide two 10-year lithium powered smoke detectors for residents in need.
- Complete the Smoke Alarm Waiver before acquiring smoke detectors.
- Members of Washtenaw County Hazardous Materials Response Authority. This is a multi-jurisdictional team capable of handling virtually any types of chemical emergency.
- Members of WAMAA (Washtenaw Area Mutual Aid Association). Providing resources including but not limited to engines, ladders, rescues, water tankers and hundreds of fire fighters along with having State designation as a Mutual Aid Box Alarm System (MABAS) Division #3205.
- Members of the Washtenaw County Technical Rescue Team. This team has specialized training in a variety of rescue disciplines such as confined space, building collapse, high angle, and trench.