Election & Voting
View the most up to date ballot information
View a complete list of candidates and proposal wording
Public Notice of Early Voting Canvass
To the qualified electors of:
The Charter Township of Ypsilanti
In compliance with MCL 168.720j, you are hereby informed of the following details regarding the Precinct Canvass of Early Votes. The Precinct Canvas of Early Votes is the culmination of the 9 days of early voting and is when the board completes the tabulation of ballots and reports the results of the ballots cast during the Early Voting period.
Date: Tuesday, February 27, 2024
Location: 7200 S. Huron River Dr, Ypsilanti MI, 48197
For more information contact the Clerk's Office at 734.544.4000 (ext 2)
Important Change to Voting Locations
The State of Michigan has changed an election law allowing voting location consolidation. If your location has changed, you will receive notice by mail and a new voter ID card. Once the changes are finalized, you can also see your new location to vote from the Michigan Voter Information Center (MVIC).
Ypsilanti Township Precinct Map
Important Upcoming Dates
- MEETING CANCELLED due to weather - Tuesday, January 23rd: Election Information Meeting at 6:00pm in the Civic Center Board Room
- Saturday, January 27th: Election Information Meeting at 10:00am via Zoom (email [email protected] for the invite link)
- Monday, February 12th: Deadline to register to vote by mail or online to be eligible to vote in the February 27th Presidential Primary Election. After this date, you must register in person at the Clerk's Office.
Absentee Ballot request forms are available seventy-five days prior to the election. Submit your request
- Saturday, February 17th - 25th: All Ypsilanti Township residents can participate in early voting Saturday, February 17, 2024 - Sunday, February 25, 2024. The Township has two locations that will host early voting:
Ypsilanti Township Civic Center
7200 S. Huron River Dr, Ypsilanti MI, 48197
Ypsilanti Township Community Center
2025 E. Clark Rd, Ypsilanti MI, 48198
Saturday, February 17th - Monday, February 19th: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday, February 20th: 11:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday, February 21st - Sunday, February 25th: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Early voting will look almost identical to an election day polling location. There will be a staff of election workers, voters will be issued their ballots and then place them directly into a secure tabulator before leaving. Ballots are thoroughly secured each night until they are counted at 8:00pm on election night.
- Friday, February 23rd at 5:00pm: Deadline for an Absentee Ballot to be sent to you by mail. After this date, to receive a ballot, you must come into the Clerk's Office to vote early or vote at your polling location on election day.
- Saturday, February 24th:
- The Clerk's Office (7200 S. Huron River Dr, Ypsilanti MI 48197) is open to issue Absentee Ballots from 8:00am - 4:00pm.
- Early Processing for Absentee Ballots: The Ypsilanti township Clerks Office will begin processing Absentee Ballots, in accordance with the current election law from 10:00am - 6:00pm. There will be approximately 13 election inspectors.
- Monday, February 26th: Last day for registered voters to receive an Absentee Ballot in person at the Clerk's Office.
- Tuesday, February 27th: Election Day
- Friday, March 1st: Last day for voter to cure the signature on an Absentee Ballot envelope.
Voting assistance for Service members, their families and overseas citizens. Submit your application
New Drop Box Locations
- 7200 S. Huron River Dr
- 20 S. Hewitt Rd
- 2025 E. Clark Rd
- 222 S. Ford Blvd
Ypsilanti Township participates in the state-wide QVF system, and the Township’s voting records are available from this system.
Visit the Michigan Voter Information Center to:
- Determine if you are registered to vote
- Find answers to frequently asked questions
- Find your polling location
- View your sample ballot