April - November
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 4:00pm
December - March
Saturday ONLY 9:00am - 4:00pm
2600 E. Clark Rd. Ypsilanti, MI 48198
For dropping off of recycling, yard waste, obtaining compost, or for refuse dumpster use, you may visit the Ypsilanti Township Compost Site. Please check in with gate attendant; proof of single-family home residency is required with government issued driver's license or State ID.
Multi-unit complexes are excluded from dropping off yard waste and obtaining compost at the resident rate however, apartment-dwellers are permitted to use the recycling containers on site.
Payment method accepted, CASH OR CHECK ONLY.
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 27
- Independence Day - Thursday, July 4
- Labor Day - Monday, September 2
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 28: Normal business hours resume on Friday, November 29, 2024 from 9:00am - 4:00pm. The Compost Site will begin winter hours on Saturday, November 30, 2024.
Acceptable Items for Composting: brush and branches (separate from Yard Waste), grass, leaves, natural woodchips
Acceptable Items for Recycling:
- automobile batteries
- household recyclable items
- scrap metal, metal fencing
- freon related items ($10/item): refrigerators/freezers (doors removed), de-humidifiers, water coolers, air-conditioners etc.
- white goods: humidifiers, stoves, dryers, washers, hot water heaters, etc.
The Recycle container at the Compost Site has the same rules as Curbside Recycling.
Acceptable Items for Trash (Refuse Dumpster):
- carpet, drywall, dried latex paint, lumber, shingles
- furniture, mattress/box spring
- landscaping timbers, colored and rubber mulches (red, brown, black, gold)
- household batteries
- antifreeze/motor oil/oil filters, tires (with or without rims)
- computers and related items
- concrete, clay, dirt, sand, sod
- propane tanks, household chemicals, fluorescent tubes and bulbs, paint - oil base/enamel